Over the weekend, I had an interesting discussion with my brother-in-law about his parents, who’ve had health issues the past few years. He said his dad is feeling much better now that his doctor adjusted one of his meds. For about a year, his dad was winded walking from one end of the house to the other. He saw his primary care doctor and his specialists, none of whom could pinpoint the cause or solve the problem.
The solution to the problem actually came from a stranger in a parking lot. My brother-in-law’s father was walking in a parking lot, resting every few feet because of the shortness of breath. A stranger approached him and explained that his dad had a similar problem and that adjusting a med (the beta blocker) resolved the shortness of breath. A doctor’s appointment and med adjustment later, his dad feels much better.
Amazing what an encounter with a family caregiver will do.
We’ve got a parking lot full of family caregivers here. So, let’s capture your collective wisdom by sharing your solutions to your toughest caregiving problems. Your solution could be just what another family caregiver needs.
So, tell us: What’s been your most pressing caregiving problem that you’ve resolved? Please share your problems and solutions in our comments section, below.
- Video Chat: Family Caregivers Talk Career and Caregiving (caregiving.com)
- Our Caregiving Year in Review (caregiving.com)
- How Employers Can Help Their Caregiving Employees (caregiving.com)
- Tell Us: How Did You Tell a New Employer About Caregiving? (caregiving.com)
- 17 Reasons Why Caregiving Makes You Awesome (caregiving.com)
- If Your Caregiving Experience Inspired a Country Song… (caregiving.com)
- Tell Us: Has Caregiving Cost You Your Job? (caregiving.com)
- Friday Video Chat: What If Employers Offered a Caregiving Leave? (caregiving.com)