Join us for Story-Telling Sunday on February 16 at 8 p.m. ET (7 p.m. CT, 5 p.m. PT).
Listen as these family caregivers each tell us a seven-minute story:
- Heather Slutzky, who cared for her first husband and is a long-distance caregiver for her father. Heather is in independent healthcare writer in northeast Georgia. Her most heartfelt work is helping navigate the initial culture shock when people enter the healthcare system. The educational needs of the patient was the focus of her graduate program at SUNY Stony Brook in New York. She finds both medicine and the culture that surrounds it fascinating; it’s her hobby as well as profession. She is a wife, mother, and a doer of thing & stuff. You can find her all over the internet – www.healthcareheather.com, @HeatherSlutzky, and on Facebook at Healthcare Heather.
- Michelle Seitzer, who cared for her grandfather and now cares for her daughter who has special needs. Michelle is a freelance writer/editor who is passionate about elder care and loves Norway, NYC, antiques, her family, the arts & her 2 Boston Terriers. As of June 2013, she’s also an adoptive mother and currently resides in Quakertown, PA with her husband, a high school welding teacher, and her 3-year-old daughter. You can follow Michelle on Twitter: @MichelleSeitzer
- Tami, who cares for her son. Tami is the Radio Host of Conversations In Care a radio show providing listeners with a collection of care programs on senior health topics, type 1 diabetes and everything in between. Tami is also a Certified Dementia Practitioner who consults with home health care companies and families on challenging dementia symptoms. She’s a single mom to two teenagers, Hailey and Brandon.
- Video Chat Friday: Working and Caregiving (caregiving.com)
- Video Chat: Managing After the Diagnosis (caregiving.com)
- The Sick Caregiver (caregiving.com)
- Friday’s Video Chat: Family Caregivers Talk Career and Caregiving (thepurplejacket.com)
- Story-Telling Sundays: Jan. 19 (caregiving.com)