On CareGiving.com, we regularly discuss what it’s like to juggle caregiving responsibilities and a career. We’ve talked about the fear of disclosing a caregiving responsibility to a new employer and how some have lost a job because of caregiving responsibilities.
Our non-profit organization, The Center for Family Caregivers, works to embrace, employ and empower family caregivers. On a regular basis, we’ll launch a social media campaign to get the word out about a specific issue surrounding our platform (Embrace, Employ and Empower Family Caregivers). For instance, our Family Caregiver Awareness Days (Cook for a Caregiver, Job Jar Day, Kiss a Caregiver, Grill for a Caregiver, Labor Day Break) are a way to encourage others to “embrace a family caregiver.”
In addition to my goal of employing family caregivers, I’d love family caregivers to be able to find and keep employment. With that in mind, I’m planning a social media campaign that encourages employers to hire family caregivers as well as keep them as employees. The campaign will highlight what makes family caregivers truly valuable employees. With your help, we’ll promote that message across social media, including Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Every great campaign needs a catchy slogan–a memorable one that advances the cause and motivates action. I asked you to submit your best slogans and tag lines. I intended to pick the best five of the submitted slogans and then put those five up for a vote. I couldn’t pick the best five so I’ve selected the best from which you can choose your favorite slogan and tag line for our campaign. And, because choosing one can be difficult, you can choose your top three. The slogan with the most votes will win. Voting ends at Midnight on February 24, 2014.
As a reminder, the individual who created the winning slogan will receive:
- $100 cash
- $100 gift certificate to NorthShore Care Supply for incontinence supplies;
- $50 Target gift card from CaringInPlace.com;
- $30 Amazon.com gift certificate
Cast your votes for your three favorite slogans, below. Pick the slogan and tag line that you feel best represents the reason why an employer should hire and retain family caregivers.
- Caregiving Slogan Contest: Hire a Family Caregiver (caregiving.com)
- How Does Caregiving Make You an Invaluable Employee? (caregiving.com)
- Two Fundraisers to Raise Money to Embrace Family Caregivers (caregiving.com)
- Little Difference in Caregiving Responsibilities Between Working and Non-Working Family Caregivers (caregiving.com)
- How Employers Can Help Their Caregiving Employees (caregiving.com)
- In Ten Words, How Would You Describe Your Life Path? (caregiving.com)
- When You Look Back, What Will Make You Proud? (caregiving.com)