I do my best but honestly, when I think about a future of caring for my parents, I worry that I will be mean. That I’ll blow my top over something silly. That I’ll say something that I’ll regret. I worry that I will be short on patience and compassion and full of snarkiness and judgment.
And, then they’ll die and I’ll be left with the memories of being unkind.
I wonder: What do you worry about when it comes to how you are during your caregiving experience? Please tell us in our comments section, below.
- In Ten Words, How Would You Describe Your Life Path? (caregiving.com)
- If Your Caregiving Experience Inspired a Country Song… (caregiving.com)
- When You Look Back, What Will Make You Proud? (caregiving.com)
- Next: Review, Wash, Burn (caregiving.com)
- When Parenting and Caregiving Collide, Do You Let Your Kids Off the Hook? (caregiving.com)
- Mine (caregiving.com)
- What’s Been Your Toughest Caregiving Transition? (caregiving.com)