First, Mom fell on Sunday and hurt her shoulder. So we are waiting for a call from her GP to tell us what to do. I received notice today that, after waiting for two years for Tricare prime care to say okay for my back surgery, I got the okay from my insurance today. So my surgery may be Monday or Tuesday; I will find out tomorrow which day.
Now to see if Mom will need surgery on her shoulder. Of course our surgeries will be in two different hospitals and at either end of the county. My poor hubby will be worn out if both of us are in the hospital at the same time. During my last surgery in 2009, I was allergic to one of the medicine, which caused me to get C. diff. I ended back in the hospital for ten days. That was ten days I can’t recall anything because I was so far out of it. They weren’t sure if I would even make it. It took me around six months to recover from that and we didn’t have my mom living with us.
So I think we are in for a rough week next week. So if I am not on the web very much it’s because I not able to use my iPad or I still don’t know what is going on.
- Caregiver Bloopers: Mom’s Appointments, Vicodin, Viagra and Volkswagens (caregiving.com)
- Me, Myself and Mom (caregiving.com)
- Am I Failing? (caregiving.com)
- My Mom Is Not As Sharp As She Was (caregiving.com)