Last month, we launched our Daily Log Project, which asks you to track your responsibilities, tasks and reminders during one caregiving day. (Read what happened when @Trish, who cares for her brother, tracked her day.)
Rajiv Mehta, founder of Unfrazzle, and I began the project with the purpose of better understanding your day so we can better meet your needs. And, in order to better understand your day, we need to know the tasks of your day as well as the emotions behind those tasks as well as your perspective of your tasks. Meaning, if you could, would you delegate a task? So, the log prompts you to track your activities, your emotions and whether you would delegate the task.
So, I’d love to know: If you could delegate a caregiving task or responsibility, what would it be? As you think about your answer, suspend reality for the moment and don’t worry if you actually have an individual or a service that could take on that task. For the purpose of this question, you have help which wants to lessen your load. What will you delegate? Tell us in our comments section, below.
- Make a difference! Download a daily log to track your day’s responsibilities, tasks and reminders. We’re collecting daily logs to capture the reality of a family caregiver’s day so we can create better solutions for you. “It was very helpful” to complete a log, a family caregiver said.
- A Day with a Family Caregiver (caregiving.com)
- Tell Us About Your Caregiving Day (caregiving.com)
- Working Family Caregivers: Tell Us Your Story (caregiving.com)
- Meet a Working Family Caregiver: Chris Gunderson (caregiving.com)
- Resources to Help Working Family Caregivers and Employers (caregiving.com)
- Table Talk: Trish (caregiving.com)
- The Mexican Hairless Chihuahua (caregiving.com)