Stress is terrible for many reasons but especially because it lies to you. It lulls you into believing in its permanence. You’ll never feel better. It will never get better. You’re doomed.
The truth is all that bad days are temporary. Sure, they last much longer than you prefer.
But. They do end. They are temporary.
Understanding that it’s all temporary helps in so many ways. As hard as it is to acknowledge, your caree’s life is temporary. This truth helps you make the most of the time you do have. As difficult as it is to believe, your bad luck is temporary. This truth helps you get up each day knowing that each new day brings you closer to better. Because it’s temporary, you can keep the faith, remain hopeful, bite back bitterness, treasure the best moments, believe in your possibilities and invest in your dream.
It’s all temporary. Because it all ends, you can continue.
- All Temporary (caregiving.com)
- Hire Someone Skilled in Caregiving: They Care About More Than Making a Living (caregiving.com)
- Heaven Knows (caregiving.com)
- They’re Not Really Superheroes. They Just Seem to Be! (caregiving.com)
- Reality (caregiving.com)
- More Cancer, More Radiation (caregiving.com)