A few tips to help you place a listing in our Garage Sale:
1. When listing a product or equipment, include a few tips on how to use the product. For example, share another use for the equipment that you found or an easy way to make it work. Your knowledge is an added bonus for the buyer.
2. When posting an ad to volunteer, also include the knowledge and skills you gained during your own caregiving experience; your knowledge base will be a huge asset to a family caregiver.
3. You can charge whatever you’d like for an item. If you’re donating the product or service to a buyer, you can still charge for the cost to ship.
4. And, speaking of shipping, be sure to charge appropriately for shipping. You can get cost estimates at the post office website.
5. If an item must be picked up (i.e., it’s too big to ship) be sure to include the area where you live so the buyer knows if it’s convenient for them to pick up the item.
6. You’ll want to work out a payment agreement with your buyer. You can ask them to send you a check; once you receive payment, you ship the item. Or, you can ask them to send you payment through PayPal.
Thanks so much for participating in our Garage Sale.