- We budget effectively, somehow making not quite enough be enough.
- We negotiate. We negotiate with our help, our caree’s providers and our carees. We negotiate so much that we naturally look for a win-win whenever we engage in a conversation.
- You manage a diverse team. The physical therapist, the direct care worker, the visiting nurse, your siblings. You learn about different cultures and belief systems which makes you a great manager for today’s workplace culture.
- You empathize with others others can’t understand. You get that life’s challenges sometimes can’t be explained which is why you simply know when another is going through a rough time. The empathy you offer comforts. Who wouldn’t want to work with a colleague like that?
- You brainstorm out of the box like no one else. What seems impossible to others is an inconvenience for you that’s resolved through a commitment to trial and error. You make the way by keeping the faith.
- You lead others through challenges and difficulties, taking the helm while others look away. You show the way by looking right at reality and then continuing.
- Your time management skills ensure projects, decisions and people arrive on time. When you hit a delay, you communicate the plan to get back on time.
- You have staying power, perhaps one of the most valuable skills you own. While others scatter because a responsibility seems too hard or overwhelming, you remain. You stay through difficulty after difficulty, challenge after challenge. You know how to stay.
What would you add to my list?
- Your Greatest Skill: You Know How
- 17 Reasons Why Caregiving Makes You Awesome
- 15 Reasons You Make the World Better
- Webinar: Using Caregiving to Help Your Career
(Note: What to transform your personal experience into a career? Our Certified Caregiving Consultant™ training requires a personal caregiving experience for two reasons. One, you understand what a caregiving experience can be like. Two, you’ll stay with a client regardless of how difficult the challenges your client faces. Those two reasons are great gifts you give your clients. Through December 2, save 25% on any of our training programs with coupon code Friday.)