Caregiving Co-op EAP
Caregiving Co-op EAP
According to our research, those who care for a family member rate their stress as 4.14 on a scale of 1 to 5, with being the most stressed. Consider:
- Gallup research estimates American businesses lose more than $25 billion annually in productivity from absenteeism among full-time working caregivers.
- Caregiving employees are more likely to report health problems like depression, diabetes, hypertension or heart disease, costing employers an estimated average additional health care cost of 8% per year, or $13.4 billion annually, according to the MetLife Study of Working Caregivers and Employer Health Care Costs.
- The report also found that younger caregivers (ages 18 to 39) cost their employers 11% more for health care than non-caregivers, while male caregivers cost an additional 18%. It also found that eldercare may be closely associated with high-risk behaviors like smoking and alcohol consumption. Exacerbating the potential impact to employers is the possibility that these medical conditions may also lead to disability-related absences.
- According to The Metlife Study of Caregiving Costs to Working Caregivers: Double Jeopardy for Baby Boomers Caring for Their Parents, adult children age 50+ who work and provide care to a parent are more likely than those who do not provide care to report that their health is fair or poor. The study reminds us that the percentage of adults providing care to a parent has tripled since 1994.
- Women and Alzheimer’s Disease: The Caregiver’s Crisis found that, while three quarters of survey respondents feel capable of providing care, 49% feel overwhelmed, 36% report depression, and 65% have not had a vacation in the past year.
Our Caregiving Co-op Employee Benefits Program provides the support and solutions to help your employees manage their caregiving stress.
Our Caregiving Co-op EAP includes a variety of programs and services. Choose the options which will work best with your employees and budget:
- Our monthly Care Packages sent to your caregiving employees. The Care Package includes books and stress-reducing tools and a monthly support call with a Certified Caregiving Consultant™.
- Access to our Certified Caregiving Consultants™ for 30-minute brainstorming and support sessions. Our consultants have personal caregiving experiences and have completed our training program. Your employees can choose their consultants.
- Training programs and workshops, including The Manager's Toolbox for a Complex Workplace and The Caregiving Years and The Caregiving Years, delivered virtually or in-person. Denise M. Brown, founder of Caregiving.com, developed our proprietary training programs based on her 28 years of working with family caregivers.
- Books about the caregiving experience including The Caregiving Years and Take Comfort series.
- Access to our private Co-op community which includes discounts on products and services.
- Weekly chats moderated by a Certified Caregiving Consultant™.
- A Caregiving Happiness Project which includes monthly support calls with a Certified Caregiving Consultant™.
- Weekly MasterMind groups led by a Certified Caregiving Educator™.
- Virtual support groups led by a Certified Caregiving Educator™.
- Access to our National Caregiving Conference session recordings.
You can take our Caregiving Co-op EAP for a three-month test drive to experience the program.
Members of Caregiving.com say:
I thought there wasn't a nook or cranny that I did not visit on the website. I just discovered your "Weekly Comforts."They are wonderful!!! There are so many I have to go back and read now. The few I browsed through remind me of those little meditation books you get with a message for the day. With the one-word title, I can browse through and find just what I need for this precise moment in time.
If not for you, this beautiful site and our members, I believe I would be terribly lost.
It has been such a relief to find a place to let my hair down without worrying about being judged and found lacking in character.
You make going thru the storm much better.
I'm so happy to find this chat you can't even imagine. Thank you so much for all the kind words. I will watch the schedule and join again as God knows I really need to talk to someone as I have no help.
I really enjoy your podcasts; they're amazingly helpful.
I have been a member for about two minutes. I am going to look around here. When I saw the page I instantly cried. I need this. I figured I would just jump in – no fear….I have enough of that going on. It is time to fight for my sanity. I think I found home.
- Denise Brown and Caregiving.com have changed my life. The support and encouragement I have received from Denise and the other members of the group has helped me cope with my role as a caregiver to my daughter.
Attendees to Denise's workshops and webinars say:
- I attended a caregiver workshop and watched one of your webinairs--the one on Escape! I finally felt like someone understands what I'm going through on a daily basis. Thanks so much for the webinars-- they are fantastic.
It was wonderful having you here last week. I am just working through the evaluations now, and all of the feedback about your presentations is extremely positive.
I give your webinar a 10!
I loved this one, too!! The wisdom, the insight, the realness, the encouragement, all with challenges, and somehow the empathy is always there.You can nurture and give tough challenges all at the same time!
LOVED the webinar today! It was a perfect topic! Whether it was taking care of my Dad, or now, with my spouse, that’s the most consistent thing people have said to me. At the beginning of the webinar, the only response I had for someone telling me to take care of myself was, ‘HOW???’, but now it will be, ‘Thank you for your concern. I appreciate it.’
It was absolutely outstanding.
I must tell you how meaningful your seminar was. Your style of engagement with the audience is terrific! And I believe you effectively touched caregivers at many levels in that very short period of time–no small feat! I am extremely grateful to you for making the trip to New Jersey.
The employees really found your class to be extremely helpful.
I must say I am extremely satisfied with attending your informative and enthusiastic workshop.
Denise was friendly, confident, knowledgeable and made it easy to contribute to the discussion.
Please contact Denise for more information and to talk out how the program can best help your employees. You can reach Denise at 773-343-6341 or via email (denise @ caregiving.com). If you prefer, you can reach Denise through the form, below.
Like this article? Share on social
Join our mailing list
Sign up to receive our newsletter that includes caregiving tips, news, support and more.