As you consider year-end donations to help the organizations that help you, I hope you will consider a donation to our non-profit, The Center for Family Caregivers.
With your support, we can continue our work which includes:
- CareGiving.com, a place to share, support and receive through our blogs posts, podcasts and video chats. Since our debut in 1996, the website has made this the place to tell your caregiving stories, which means the website houses the largest library of caregiving stories on the Internet.
- Daily chats on CareGiving.com for anyone who currently cares or previously cared for family members. Our chats are virtual kitchen tables where we gather to talk about our days, our worries and to collect the strength to continue.
- A 36-hour chat over Christmas which means anyone who needs company between Noon on Christmas Eve and Midnight on Christmas Day can connect with a volunteer in our Caregiving chatroom. We have volunteers who man the chat throughout the entire 36 hours. 2019 will mark our sixth year of holding this very special tradition.
- The National Caregiving Conference, which concluded earlier this month. Our annual conference features presentations and panel discussions from those who currently care and those who previously cared. At our conference, we’re the experts, just like in our every day experiences. “It was an amazing experience to connect with warm, compassionate caregivers and to hear their stories. It was unlike any conference I have ever attended,” said an attendee of our conference.
- Our CareGifters program which sends $500 to a family caregiver in need. To date, we’ve helped 30 family caregivers so they could buy food, pay rent and hire help. We most recently helped three young adults who cared for their mom attend our Fourth Annual National Caregiving Conference.
It does take a village to support family caregivers and former family caregivers. I’m the sole employee which means I organize and host our conference as well as manage the website technology, content, contests and special events. I also manage the social media accounts and our weekly chats on Twitter. With help from volunteers, I can offer our daily chats and our yearly conference.
Because of your financial support, the work continues. We so appreciate your tax-deductible donation to The Center for Family Caregivers, my non-profit organization. Any amount you can donate (even $5) will help us continue our work. And, please feel free to give today. Thank you so much for your support!