Your NCC17 Budget
Your NCC17 Budget
We'd love for you to join us on November 10 and 11 in Chicago for the Second Annual National Caregiving Conference. Our conference will take place at the Chicago Marriott O'Hare, 8535 W. Higgins in Chicago. Attendees to our First Annual National Caregiving Conference (@tneumann, @colleen and @lillie) are pictured.
To help you plan to attend, I thought it helpful to break out the conference costs. Here goes:
Conference Registration (family caregiver costs only; professionals pay a different registration fee; registration opens on August 1):
- Friday: $30, which includes lunch
- Saturday: $30, which includes continental breakfast and lunch
- Friday and Saturday: $50 which includes meals
- $119 per night (our National Caregiving Conference rate) at the Chicago Marriott O'Hare, 8535 W. Higgins.
- Airfare: Travel to Chicago can vary from $200 to $500 depending on your departure city. You'll fly into O'Hare International Airport.
- The hotel offers free shuttle service to and from the airport.
- If you're driving, parking costs $3 per day; $9 for overnight.
Respite (Care for your caree while you are gone):
- Call our Respite Care Partners to find out about costs and services in your area; hourly costs can begin at $20.
- Check with local assisted living facilities and nursing homes for a short-term stay; daily costs can begin at $120 per night;
- Local organizations may offer help to offset the costs of respite care. Our list of respite resources helps you get started.
If you save:
- $10 per week for 40 weeks, you'll have $400;
- $15 per week for 40 weeks, you'll have $600;
- $20 per week for 40 weeks, you'll have $800.
We understand the financial strain of caregiving. So, we'll do our best to award cash prizes to as many family caregivers and former family caregivers as we can to help offset the costs of attending the conference. So you don't miss any announcements about our contests which will help you attend our conference, subscribe to our email list, below.
Join our mailing list
Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter that includes caregiving tips, news, support and more.