Call for Presentations: Fourth Annual National Caregiving Conference
Call for Presentations: Fourth Annual National Caregiving Conference
Our Fourth Annual National Caregiving Conference will take place November 7-10 in Chicago at the Chicago Marriott O’Hare, 8535 W. Higgins. Our conference hotel is conveniently located minutes from O’Hare and a subway ride from downtown Chicago. We’d love for you to submit a proposal to present at the conference.
This year, our four-day event also will be broadcast live (and free) on November 8 and 9 for those who can't join us in Chicago.
(Want to sponsor our conference and its related special events? Check out our NCC19 sponsorship and exhibitor details.)
Our conference is a one-of-a-kind event — it’s the only conference which features family caregivers and former family caregivers as presenters and panelists. We’re the experts in our caregiving experiences which is why we are the presenters.
This year’s conference theme, Our Amazing Difference, puts our great work in the spotlight. We’ll share about the difference we make to our carees, our families, our workplaces, our communities, our faith-based organizations, our health care system and each other.
Please read all the information, below, so you can decide if our conference is right for you. Submit a proposal to present via our form at the bottom of this post. Deadline to submit a presentation proposal is March 1. We’ll let you know on March 29 if we select your proposal(s).
An Invitation to Join our Faculty
We don't want to limit our faculty to just presenting at our Fourth Annual National Caregiving Conference. If you'd like to be considered to join our faculty, you'll also have an opportunity to participate in a mini-virtual summit we'll host in May, be regular guests on our podcasts and video chats, and join in special events on Caregiving.com. In addition, as we create more events, you'll be invited to join us. Our NCC19 faculty develops and presents compelling, insightful and meaningful content throughout the year and especially at our Fourth Annual National Caregiving Conference. If you have the time and the interest in working with us throughout the year, then select that you'd like to be considered for our faculty when you submit your presentation via the form at the bottom of the post.
We encourage disease-specific organizations to sponsor family caregivers and former family caregiver to join our faculty. Need more details? Email Denise.
Just want to present at the conference? That works, too. Just select your preference (faculty or presenter) when you submit your presentation proposal via our form at the bottom of the post.
Faculty and Presenter Benefits
If you are chosen to join our NCC19 faculty or to present at our conference, you'll receive:
- Your own Speaker Page on Caregiving.com to showcase you and your NCC19 presentation;
- An opportunity to connect and collaborate with other like-minded individuals;
- Listings in our conference app;
- The potential to earn money through our affiliate program;
- A discounted rate on exhibiting (either full or half table);
- Opportunity to be a part of our Author Book Signing at the conference;
- Reduced pricing on our conference registration;
- Access to our Speakers page which will include all the details and deadlines to make your conference experience successful;
- A chance to share your story, your insights and your strategies to an audience who gets it.
- Work with a Track Leader who may organize additional promotional opportunities.
To make our conference sessions available to those who cannot attend our conference as well as those who attend our conference, we record our conference sessions. We will record sessions on November 7, 8 and 9. This year, we will record our sessions with another goal in mind: To create a robust repository of educational materials for use by caregiving support groups. If you agree to have your session recorded, you'll also submit discussion questions we'll use to create a Leaders Discussion Guide which will complement our session recordings. When you submit a proposal, indicate whether or not you agree to have your session recorded. All presenters who give permission to be recorded will receive complimentary streaming and download access to their individual session(s).
Check out how PlaybackNOW, the vendor that records our sessions, promoted for our speakers at NCC18, last year's conference.
If you opt into our affiliate program, you'll earn a commission when one of your promotions leads to a sale of our conference recordings on Caregiving.com.
Faculty and Presenter Commitments
If you are chosen to be a part of our faculty or to present at our conference, we ask that you:
- Honor our deadlines. We have a small group doing big work which means we require our faculty and speakers to meet our deadlines. If you can't, we reserve the right to remove your conference presentation from our agenda.
- Promote our conference and conference-related events to the best of your ability.
- If you are chosen to present or join our faculty, you are responsible for paying for your travel and hotel expenses. We have a reduced rate of $121 per night at our conference hotel, the Chicago Marriott O'Hare. In addition, you will receive a reduced-rate registration for the conference. You can join us for Thursday afternoon sessions at no charge. Reduced registration costs for presenters and panelists are:
- Three-day presenter registration including three lunches: $167
- Two day presenter registration, which includes two lunches: $118.
- One-day presenter registration, including lunch: $69
- Keep in mind our goal: To support and help those who care and cared for a family member or friend.
Our conference will offer sessions beginning the afternoon of Thursday, November 7, and continue with full day sessions on November 8, 9 and 10. We are looking for presentations which speak to specific caregiving situations, including but not limited to:
- After Caregiving (how have we transformed our lives after caregiving ends?)
- Burn-Out (how can we heal when we're so burn-out?)
- Career (how have we changed careers, bettered our careers, impacted our workplaces?)
- Community (what changes have we made in our communities?)
- Diversity and Inclusion (how have we ensured everyone belongs?)
- Faith (how do we impact our faith communities and our personal faith?)
- Family (how have we made a difference in our families?)
- Family Caregivers (how do we help each other?)
- Financial (how do we make money, use money, find solutions to overcome money worries?)
- Health (how have we improved our own health?)
- Health Care (how have our advocacy efforts impacted the delivery of care for our caree?)
- Home (how do we change our home’s environment to accommodate our caregiving experience?)
- Policy (how have we impacted local, state and federal policies to help family caregivers?)
Please feel free to submit a proposal to present via our form at the bottom of this post. Submit an entry for each presentation proposal. You are welcome to submit as many proposals as you like.
Please do not submit a proposal that is a commercial about your product or service. Commercials will not be selected.
What’s a good presentation? We’re looking to you to share simple solutions that make a big difference or demonstrate helpful techniques and tools that will make a day easier. We’re also interested in presentations which reflect this year’s theme. What's our difference? How do we make a difference? How can we be the difference in our lives?
Please feel free to submit a proposal which features a presentation or a panel discussion. We encourage you to reach out to fellow family caregivers and former family caregivers to work together to create a presentation or panel discussion. If you submit a panel idea, you must also recruit panelists for your discussion and share details about your panelists in your proposal.
Here’s what you need to know before submitting a proposal:
- Presenters and panelists must currently care or have previously cared for a family member or friend.
- Workshops and sessions are 50 minutes in length.
- If you haven't presented at our previous conferences, please include a link to a webinar or a podcast you’ve led or participated in. If you haven’t participated in a webinar or podcast, you can include a link to a short video you create which tells us about your caregiving experience and your presentation or your desire to participate in a panel discussion. If you have not presented at our previous conferences, you are required to include a link to a podcast, webinar or short video you've created. A submission without this link is considered incomplete.
- If you are chosen to present or join our faculty, you are responsible for paying for your travel and hotel expenses. You also must register for the conference with our reduced presenter rates. (See above for costs.)
Please ensure your submission is completed in full. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Deadline to submit a presentation proposal is March 1. We’ll let you know on March 29 if we select your proposal(s). Thanks so much to all who submitted a proposal!
Be sure to save the date – our conference will happen November 7-10, 2019.
Our call for nominations has closed. Thanks to all for their submissions!
Join our mailing list
Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter that includes caregiving tips, news, support and more.