NCC19 Presenter: Beth Suereth
NCC19 Presenter: Beth Suereth
Join Beth Suereth for her presentations and panel discussion during our Fourth Annual National Caregiving Conference:
When the Care Plan Becomes an End-of-Life Plan
Friday 9:30 a.m.
When a loved one is near the end of life, it’s challenging to even think about how you might make a difference. But if you learn how to prepare for the final days, you can better help your loved one when the time comes. Preparation will make it easier to handle your feelings, your family members, and the way you care for your loved one physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
Hear Beth’s story about her father’s last days, and learn about:
- Palliative care: Anticipating, preventing, and treating long-term pain.
- Hospice: When should I ask about it? (Your doctor may not mention it.)
- End-of-life planning: How can I help my loved one create a detailed plan?
Making the most of the time that’s left and minimizing regret in the future:
- Find out what's important to your loved one and focus the remaining time on that. It may be something you never realized before.
- Design a legacy project: Create videos, letters, or scrapbooks to help share your loved one’s collective wisdom with family members and future generations.
- Ask your loved one how he or she would like you to manage the final days and moments, from family logistics to spiritual elements to physical care.
How to Help your Loved One in the Hospital: You Can Make an Amazing Difference
Friday 4 p.m.
Hear Beth’s caregiving story, find out what to expect in the hospital, and learn how to:
- Keep track of all the details.
- Prevent common hospital mistakes.
- Plan for care at home after the hospital stay.
- Let your loved one and the doctor know how much time you can be available after discharge, what care you can and can’t take on, and who else may be able help.
- Share your loved one’s personal goals with the doctor. For example, you could say, “Dad wants to walk my daughter down the aisle in the spring. Is there a way to fix the problem so he can do that?”
Panel Discussion: Creating a Profitable Caregiving Business
Saturday 11 a.m.
This panel discussion will explore tried and true habits and techniques successful caregiving entrepreneurs have taken to make their business profitable.
Panel moderator, Elizabeth Miller of Happy Healthy Caregiver will be diving into questions with experienced panelists who are running a profitable caregiving business with the products, services, and resources they offer.
Our profitable panelists include:
- Beth Suereth
- Bruce McIntyre
- Dannelle LeBlanc
- Jenn Chan
In this session, you'll:
- Find out how long it can take to realize a profit
- Identify different money-making paths
- Uncover what ideas worked…and which didn’t
- Surface the business activities and habits which have a direct income impact
- Benefit from panelists sharing valuable hindsight
As a bonus, each participant will leave with a free resource to help them create time for business activities.
We are so very grateful for the support of the following sponsors of our National Caregiving Conference,
especially Embracing Carers™, this year's supporting sponsor:
~ NCC19 Agenda ~ Meet Our Presenters ~
~ NCC19 Virtual Registration ~ NCC19 In-Person Registration (Chicago) ~
~ Hotel Reservations ~ NCC19 Volunteer Registration ~ Sponsor or Exhibit ~
~ Testimonials ~ Virtual Caregiving Summit ~
Join our mailing list
Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter that includes caregiving tips, news, support and more.