A Virtual Experience: National Caregiving Conference
A Virtual Experience: National Caregiving Conference
You’ll want to virtually attend our conference if:
- You care for a family member or friend (family caregiver);
- You cared for a family member or friend (former family caregiver);
- You work with (or want to work with) family caregivers, either in your own business or in an organization or agency (a professional). In addition, we welcome anyone with an interest in issues facing family caregivers and former family caregivers.
When you register to join us virtually, you'll want to take advantage of our conference app, which you can use to follow our agenda, access the presenters' handouts and take notes during the presentations. The app will work on any device. In the app store, please search for cgevents and download. Once you download the app, you will see the 2017 Conference. Click on that event and press download. Please download and start using the app as soon as you can. The more you use the app, the more comfortable you will be helping attendees at the conference.
You can register, below, to access our virtual broadcast on either Friday or Saturday or for both days. The costs of our virtual broadcast are:
- Live streaming: Free. Watch live on Friday and Saturday at www.playbackcaregiving.com/livestream.
- Live streaming plus archive: $60 for three months access to watch the archive of our two-day broadcast. Access ends February 12. (Note: Teepa's presentation is only part of our live broadcast and will not be included in our archive.)
- Virtual Registration for Professional Coaches, Certified Senior Advisor and Certified Dementia Practitioner® for resource development hours (coaches) and CEUs (CSAs and CDPs): $332 (includes three months access to our archive.)
To join us, register at the very bottom of this post for the dates you want to watch (chose either Friday or Saturday or both). We’ll send you regular updates until our conference begins. We’ll send you all the details you’ll need to watch our broadcast on November 9. On November 10 and/or 11, you’ll watch our sessions which connecting with others in our chat room. You'll also find our virtual agenda, below.
Registration to watch our virtual conference closes on November 8.
In addition, we will broadcast our Friday entertainment on our Facebook fan page (Caregiving Support), which you can watch for free. On Friday night, beginning at 8:30 p.m. ET (7:30 p.m. CT, 6:30 p.m. MT, 5:30 p.m. PT), you can enjoy our two performances of Caregiving in Six Acts and our Caregiving Quiz Show.
With so many sessions, how can you be six places at once? Don’t worry. We've got you covered! Benefit from a year’s worth of valuable educational sessions when you purchase a complete package of CareGiving Conference recordings. All recorded sessions are offered as Video MP4 and Audio MP3 files. The video files include complete PowerPoints synced to audio, exactly as they happen in the room.
Teepa Snow's workshop will not be recorded, which means her presentation will not be included in our conference recording packages or the archive of our live stream. You can watch Teepa's presentation during our conference live streaming on November 11 (or in person at our conference).
With three complete recording package options to consider, choose the package that best fits your learning style and budget. All complete packages give you online access to a dedicated website with your own custom dashboard. The USB Works Package adds a USB flash drive to your online access, with all the files pre-loaded and a user-friendly menu for easy navigating and playing. The USB drive also includes all available handout PDF files.
- 6-Month Fast Pass Streaming Only Access: $99
- 12-Month Season Pass Streaming + Download Offline Access: $149
- USB Works Package Season Pass + All Files Delivered on USB Flash Drive: $199
Most sessions will be available to view online within 24 hours of the live event. You can purchase your package when you register. You also can purchase recordings on site at our conference. Our pricing for our conference recordings goes up on November 12 so purchase today to get your best pricing.
Friday November 10 Virtual Agenda
9 a.m. Technology Panel
10 a.m. Judgment-Based Decision Making for Caregivers with Tyler Ludlow and Liz Mascherino
11 a.m. Caregiving 101: Boldly Surviving with Carolyn Grant, Andrew Koch, Lisa Riggi
1 p.m. Health & Wellness for a Vibrant Life in a Tiny Home with Carol Papini
2 p.m. Hands On Caregiving with Pastor Bruce Hanson and Penny Patnaude
3 p.m. Challenges, Changes, and Choices: Caregiving for People with Movement Disorders, a panel discussion of family caregivers with Diane Breslow
4 p.m. Getting Real: The Low Down on Depression and What You can Do with Deb Kelsey-Davis
Saturday, November 11 Agenda
9 a.m.: Preparation, Frustration and Surrender. Boldness Throughout Caregiving with Cathy Sikorski
10 a.m. – Noon: ABCs to Cope with Behavior with Teepa Snow
Noon – 1:30 Lunch Break
1:30 p.m. Fashion Show
What I Wear When I Care
Our Loss is Our Gain
2 p.m. A Life Interrupted: Picking Up the Pieces Panel Discussion
3 p.m. Loud and Proud: The Bold Battle Cry of an Advocating Family Caregiver
4 p.m. Closing Session
Watch live on Friday and Saturday.
Join our mailing list
Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter that includes caregiving tips, news, support and more.