In your caregiving role, you'll hear lots of half-baked ideas. Ideas like:
- Since you're so stressed, why don't you just find a nursing home for him?
- Since it's such a worry for you, why don't you just divorce him?
- Since it's such a struggle for you, why don't you get a job (or quit your job)?
Rather than listening to the suggestions that make you overheat, take some time to bake:
- a cake decorated with all the blessings caregiving gives you;
- a pie which features the fruits of all your labor;
- a bread which helps you knead through the difficulties so you can rise to your best.
In caregiving, you own the bakery. Bake what feels right for you.
- Love our comforts? Then you'll love our books, Take Comfort and Take Comfort, Too. Buy here.
- Business (caregiving.com)
- Is Grieving Acknowledged? (caregiving.com)
- Talking Helmets, Malls and Belonging (caregiving.com)
- Just Added: Groups to Share About Caregiving Help in Your Community (caregiving.com)
- The Faces of Caregiving (caregiving.com)
Join our mailing list
Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter that includes caregiving tips, news, support and more.