How Was Your Day?


How Was Your Day?

A_Winter_SunsetSo, how did you do today?

What was difficult? What did you enjoy? What did you accomplish?

Please tell us about your day in our comments section, below. Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us.

(Our chat for our members happens tonight at 9 p.m. ET, 8 p.m. CT, 6 p.m. PT.)

Like this article? Share on social


Sign in to comment


Hi Kevin, I'm so sorry for all this. What a nightmare it must feel--trying to understand how to help and not having what you need to help.\r\n\r\nWhat suggestions does the support group leader for the MS group offer to you? And, have you been able to connect with other family caregivers of MS patients?\r\n\r\nYou also can contact the national offices of the MS organizations:\r\n--MSAA:\r\n--NMSS:\r\n\r\nMy other suggestion would be to contact NAMI and ask what resources and information they can provide which can help you:\r\n\r\nPlease keep us posted.


This has been an especially difficult week for us. On Monday evening, I was on my way to the grocery store when I got a frantic call from our 12 year old son. My husband had fallen in the bathroom...and somehow taken the toilet with him. As I raced home, I told him where to find the water shutoff valve. Because the toilet and my husband were in the way, he was unable to locate it immediately. When I arrived, my husband was stuck on the floor, sitting in water and soiled pants. The water had seeped into the hallway carpet, linen closet, and our son's closet where we store the boxes of dialysis solution. Maintenance arrived quickly, and helped get my husband up. I put my husband in the shower while maintenance left to get supplies to fix the toilet. We were all fairly traumatized by the experience. After maintenance finally left a couple hours later, we were overwhelmed with the clean-up. Around this time, I realized I had a raging fever and started having awful chills. I spent the next few hours huddled under three blankets, willing myself to get up and start cleaning. A professional water clean-up crew arrived the next morning to finish extracting the water, and clean the carpets. I'm still struggling to get through the normal responsibilities of the day, since I'm still very sick. My husband woke up sick yesterday morning. Thanks for letting me whine for a little bit. :)