Lost and Laughing
Lost and Laughing
After last night's chat I found myself wondering when the last time was I had laughed so hard and when was the last time I found humor in this journey of caregiving and where is the light at the end of the tunnel.
Well, it's right there if we look for it, in the cave that we think is a trap, in our Inboxes on this site, in a walk around the block, in a swim, in a nap, in paying bills, in the eyes of our mothers who we think don't see but they see plenty~ they see our love.
When my mom is stressed her pupils get 'thin' and I think I heard her say, I'm stressed. But through this wonderful community and some beautiful insights, it's because I see her actions and reactions. So she says plenty. So does Dad by leaving her in my care.
I still get unbelievably frustrated when he leaves and says she will be OK and I'm stuck here trying to figure out where he is and will she really be OK if I leave for a second. I have to live my life and I feel so lost juggling my life and caring for Mom ... and Dad. Found two lovely messages in my Inbox here from friends I've made who just had me on the floor laughing!
Went to see Lone Ranger and decided, OK if I can't go to Hawaii or whatever cave that pic is from I'll take a vacation day to watch Johnny Depp crack me up! I wonder if this resonates with anyone when they want to say something but it just ... won't ... come ... out ... thank you all! il
- Caregiver Bloopers: Mom's Appointments, Vicodin, Viagra and Volkswagens (caregiving.com)
- Promotion to Potted Plant (caregiving.com)
- Co-Caregiving: Recognizing the Pitfalls and Avoiding the Sinkholes (caregiving.com)
- Frustrating Night (caregiving.com)
- Life After Caregiving: An Update from Roaringmouse (caregiving.com)
- My "POST" Project (No Laughing) (caregiving.com)
- The Grunch (a.k.a. I Miss . . . ) (caregiving.com)
- Letting Go Let In Enjoyment (caregiving.com)
Like this article? Share on social
Join our mailing list
Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter that includes caregiving tips, news, support and more.