Ya know those thoughts that are sea urchins that you say to yourself, OK I need to do things differently? Or, I should be OK with my computer down but I need that lifeline of the caregiving site?
Denise's post of what do we worry about when the lights go out is to me profound as I just can't seem to let go because there is so much beyond my control. I can't control Mom's dementia, I can't control much at all in life. What we can control is ourselves and even then it's difficult.
Like right now it's, Uh why am I blogging when I need to rest and be with Mom? Because I need the lifeline of those who care and feel the things I do in this journey of caregiving.
Urchins are beautiful and we need to treat them with loving kindness or they'll sting!
Good to be back even if it was a couple of days!
- The Balm for Caregiving Pain (caregiving.com)
- In Ten Words, How Does Your Caregiving Day Start? (caregiving.com)
- Who Speaks for the Speechless? (caregiving.com)
- Random or Not So Random Acts of Kindness (caregiving.com)
- Co-Caregiving: Recognizing the Pitfalls and Avoiding the Sinkholes (caregiving.com)
- "It's Too Hard for You" (caregiving.com)
- Fail (caregiving.com)
Like this article? Share on social
Join our mailing list
Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter that includes caregiving tips, news, support and more.