Tell Us: When Was Your Last Blow-Up?


Tell Us: When Was Your Last Blow-Up?

mount-st-helens-164848_640Oh, we try.

We bite our tongue.

We take time to heal our broken caregiving heart.

We pay attention to when we feel loved so we keep that feeling.

But, it's inevitable simply because of how much our day asks of us. We run out of patience which means we lose our temper. We blow--turning red, stomping our feet, clenching our fists and saying words we often later wish we could take back.

The guilt about the blow-up can actually make the blow-up worse. So, in our comments section, tell us about your last blow-up so you can leave it here with us and in your past. When you tell us about your last blow-up, you give yourself a fresh start.

Like this article? Share on social


Sign in to comment

Lillie Fuller

My last blow up was Monday, February 23, 2015 between the hours of 11:45 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. My mom had an appointment that morning at 11 to have a tooth pulled. The paperwork had all been completed previously and I was assured that my mom would be seen right away due to the fact that she's elderly and also handicapped. We arrived 15 minutes prior to her appointment time. At about 11:40 I asked how much longer it would be and I was told the room was being cleaned and she would be next. Okay, I could deal with that. Well, to make a very long story short, my mom did not get in to see the dentist for 2 hours and 14 minutes from her appointment time. Everyone in the waiting room knew she had been waiting that long, all the girls at the front office knew she had been waiting this long and I'm sure by the time she got in the back, everyone back there knew also. I was fit to be tied. The \"ghetto girl\" definitely came out in me that day. I was loud talking how Western Dental has no regard for the elderly, how it was elder abuse to make my mom sit in that wheelchair for two hours and 14 minutes. I was on a roll. My mom did not say a word in all this time. I'm glad my son was home that day because when I called the driver to tell him we were ready, he said it would be an hour wait!!!! I told him never mind and my son came to get us. I totally blew up that day! I was so glad to get home. I guess it didn't help that I had a headache from hell and still hacking and coughing.


My last blow up was yesterday morning at work. I found out that a colleague had interfered with one of my projects in a mind-bogglingly stupid way, threatening to derail the whole thing at the last minute. My days are challenging enough as it is without needless complications brought on my clueless clowns who should stay in their own sandbox. Had to get on the horn with the attorney and do some 11th hour scrambling. Luckily all ended well. But before it did, I admit I said a few choice words about this bumbling buffoon in front of a couple of coworkers. Oh well. I forgive myself.