The Guilt Fairy / Anniversaries
I've read the What If Fairy and all the other blogs and I see so much in common between us that I feel less alone.
I feel guilty so much of the time: for blogging, for taking time for myself, for not going to a group I know is destructive for me, for saying I'm exhausted, for taking time for a chat. The list goes on.
All this compounds my battle with depression and which came first, the depression or caregiving. Denise had a suggestion to document my day with my parents who are resistive carees (e.g. my dad is yelling at my Mom right now and all I want to do is bolt but this is my home, too.
This week is a week of celebration and of anniversaries. My ex-husband's birthday is Sunday and I feel conflicted about feeling celebratory in feeling relief about having closure and not having that conflict in my life right now. I love the chance to blog and feel successful in publishing, hoping that other bloggers are getting something out of this publish (feels good to say 'publish').
I dearly hope everyone has a good day!
- The What If Fairy (caregiving.com)
- Depression and Caregiving (caregiving.com)
- Off My Rocker (caregiving.com)
- Getting a Break: Ideas for a Week Of Respite (caregiving.com)
- No One Talks About the Poop (caregiving.com)
- Caring for Two: Adjusting to a New Job (caregiving.com)
- Bring Comfort With You (caregiving.com)
- What If We Find Our Life in Caregiving? (caregiving.com)
- Needed: Your Stories About Loss (caregiving.com)
Join our mailing list
Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter that includes caregiving tips, news, support and more.